Well, this was quite the surprise for my first post. But I’m glad to be participating in it, and it’s a great way to start off this new blog of mine.
I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award!
Thanks to misscaseyw for nominating me! You can find her over at The Drunk Librarian, where she analyzes bad books with a witty tongue. She’s quite the strong one. Go check her stuff out! She’s quite funny :).
Alright, I suppose this is where we begin.
- Thank the person/people that nominated you by providing a link to their blog in your Liebster Award post.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions from the blogger/s who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other blogs that have 200 followers or less.
- Ask your nominees 11 questions of your own.
- I’m working on my first novel, but having a difficult time deciding which story should be my first novel; stuck between a vampire story and a water nymph story. I’m drowning in my own creativity.
- My iTunes on shuffle likes to fuck with my emotions a lot.
- I’m an avid storyteller, so I despise when badly written schlock gets popular for any reason (looking at you, SMeyer and Co).
- I often don’t feel like a POC, despite English being my second language.
- I’m apparently a sugar fiend. Didn’t see that coming either.
- I love to play video games – have a load of Nintendo stuff that I love to play. My Xbox 360 feels neglected a lot though.
- My sense of humor ranges from telling really bad puns to inappropriate suicide jokes. I’m fun at parties.
- I’m terrible with technology sometimes, which explains my appreciation for actual paper books. I honestly feel much older than my age reveals.
- I have a huge appreciation for muscles on the male body. Big and beefy or small and lean, whichever you may have will more than likely result in me catcalling you in the middle of a busy intersection on my bike as I speed by you.
- I make my own music videos in my head for some songs I have. It gets really weird being in my head.
- I doodle often enough, and I enjoy thinking about how things would look like in my stories as I draw them. But I’m not particularly great at it.
– What song can you not stop listening to right now?
I just discovered a Death Note parody of Blank Space on YouTube that I had no idea I absolutely needed in my life. I’ve been spamming it on my iTunes every now and again and it always puts a smile on my face when I hear it. You should go find it, NOW. Like RIGHT NOW. GO, GO!
– Who’s your favorite fictional character? Could you beat them in a fight?
I don’t think I have an overall favorite character in any media, since that limits the amount of characters I would otherwise enjoy or admire. I suppose, currently, my favorite characters in their respective media are: Matthew Murdock (Netflix’s Daredevil TV series), Gary Hampton (The Astounding Wolf-Man comic), Thor Odinson (Marvel Cinematic Universe), George Orr (The Lathe of Heaven novel), and Hilbert (Pokemon Black and White games). I probably win in a fight with all of them or even with one of them, but I wouldn’t mind getting tangled up with them in other ways…*evil grin*
– What are you most impatient for at this moment?
A Goddamn motorcycle, haha. Otherwise, not an impatient type.
– Take your favorite book — or a book you like a lot – and turn its title into a porn parody title. (If this is sacrilegious or otherwise makes you uncomfortable, just do some sort of spoof. I’m lenient; mostly I want creativity and bad puns!)
Again, don’t have a particular favorite book for same reasons, but I can do it with one of my favorite’s and a few of the book’s I’m currently reading. Readers who love these books, don’t hurt me. It’s just fun and games:
- Let The Right Cock In (Favorite)
- The Fuck-Ables
- The Sexually Abusive Werewolf Swingers Group
- World War D
- All You Need is Dick
– Remember that favorite book above? Describe it in less than 200 characters.
It’s a vampire story where the vampires aren’t sparkling Mary Sues and it’s about a young boy and girl that’s not meant for children at all. Just read it, NOW.
– Would you rather be made of paper or of beef wellington? Defend your decision.
Paper, mostly because I’m allergic to red meat. I’d hate to be allergic to myself.
– Word association time! I say “all,” you think . . .
…day, errday, errday, errday, YOLO. Sorry, couldn’t help myself. That’s a pretty bad song.
– When was the last time a book made you really angry?
I think the last book that made me very angry was called The Pack by Jason Starr. I read it during my breaks at the toy store/cheap book store/games store I worked at in about three days. Holy shit, was it one of the most wasted potentials for an idea I have ever read. Great werewolf premise, with a Manhattan setting that I don’t see very much of for werewolf stories and with what could have been a potentially interesting character piece about a protagonist in the mid 2000s recession. BUT NOPE. Badly written child character (who disappears for long stretches of the book so why bother), underdeveloped dialogue, sex scenes that were embarrassingly hilarious and presented, ATROCIOUSLY realized female characters that made me feel misogynistic and hateful, and an anticlimactic nothing of an ending that frustrated me to no end with how it resolved nothing. What a waste of trees. Avoid this fucking thing at all times, and just pick up Blood & Chocolate if you want a sexy werewolf story.
– Do you wish you read more? Why don’t you?
I do, but I tend to have a bad habit of starting multiple books at the same time without any time to finish them. Currently I’m trying to get through these:
- The Ables
- All You Need is Kill
- World War Z
- The Abused Werewolf Rescue Group
– What was your most recent Google search?
Bulls (like, the animal), for reference.
– Giving yourself 1 minute and no cheating, how many states (in the U.S.) can you name?
Uh, uh, UH, Utah, Washington, Florida, Indiana, Massachusetts, New York, Rhode Island, Portland, California, Texas, Alaska, Hawaii, Illinois, New Mexico, Mississippi, Georgia, West Virginia, North and South Dakota, and FUCK! Augh…I hate geography.
Well, this is a bit awkward. I’m still quite new to this site, so nominating people is gonna be tricky. I may have to cheat a little in regards to the rules, but I suppose I could give it the old college try and see if the people I nominate actually go ahead and do it. Regardless, it was a fun experiment to have.
- We Minored In Film
- Hero Complex
- Illustration Age
- BookPeople’s Blog
- Canadian Cinephile
- Cinema Axis
- Eleventh Stack
- Rooster Illusion
- Retcon Punch
- Deja Reviewer
- Nerdy Book Club
Hope you enjoy answering my questions!
Questions for Nominees
- Do you have a song(s) that you just can’t help but sing along with loudly?
- What was the book that made you love reading, and why? If you don’t have one, explain why.
- Favorite book/comic-to-movie adaptation?
- If you could get into a fight with a fictional character that did you wrong, what would you do to them and why?
- If you given the opportunity to create something, be it a work of art or a book or anything else, what would you want to make? Why that particular thing?
- What was the scariest film you ever watched?
- What is your least favorite cliche in story-telling, and what would you do to subvert/change it?
- Kindle or paper book? Explain your choice.
- If you could eat a single candy/sweet for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- When hear “video game,” what’s the first thing that comes to your mind?
- Do you remember the moment a form of media made you cry inexplicably?
Have fun! 😀